Friday, November 24, 2006

Mrugh. And brr.

It's suddenly got baltic. I came home to find Auzzie flatmate sitting in front of the two-bar heater wearing a jumper, bodywarmer and gloves. "How can it be this cold?" she asked mournfully. I didn't have the heart to tell her it would only get colder.
Went to an ace bar on Saturday night with Damien. It's only 10 minutes away from my house but I'd never been there before. I'm definitely going back.
My birthday was on Sunday. Weird, I am now 25. Gah. Cue existential crisis, or something like that. It seems to be the done thing.
Monday was my birthday drinks out at good old ten dollar bar in Fushimi. Lots of people came out, then lots of us headed to karaoke afterwards. Crimes against music were committed for several hours. I do apologise. Someone even tormented us with the music from Aladdin. The horror, the horror. We left at 5 a.m. Work on Tuesday was not a pretty sight.
On Wednesday me, Jo, Darius and Yumiko watched some kickass jazz at Hadows. Even better, Darius knows the guy who owns the restaurant, and he sent us free wine, scallops, dessert and coffee. On top of this, I got a bottle of wine because it was my birthday (or close enough). I feel like I have to go back there and order expensive things off the menu to make it up to the owner.
Thursday night, a goodbye drink for Loretta who's going back to Canada soon. I forgot how much I dislike the Elephant's Nest. 500 yen for a Coke? Pah.
Tonight - dinner with Kate. I should've said no and had a night off, but when have I ever been able to do that? We're going to somewhere called Elvis, in Tommacho.
Tomorrow- collapse in a little heap. Please.

No comments: