Thursday, December 14, 2006

Things I've learnt this week

1 - You can travel 5000 miles away from the UK and still be tortured by Slade and George Michael every time you step into a shop in November and December.

2 - Japanese christmas cards, when you get them home and read the messages, are more like Valentine's cards.

3 - Christmas dinner will be cooked this year by people who admit they can't cook. Duck and cover, everyone.

4 - If you start reading a Scottish book (The Pure Land, by Alan Spence, about Thomas Glover) written in vernacular Scots, you will revert to an impenetrable Scottish accent unintelligable to anyone other than your own countrymen. Gonnae no dae that, ken?

5 - I really need to study more. I went to a meeting at my new school, Shioji, where I talked at in Japanese and every word I thought I knew flew out of my head. So I said, "?" and it was really impressive. I need to study more.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hiya! Just twenty fours hours to go until I arrive sweaty and tired into your life and we can start drinking... well maybe not, I'd probably pass out. But that could be a good thing!