Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Saturday 24th March

I slept in a tatami room with 8 other people, and slept quite soundly. I wasn't sure about how futons would work if the sea was rough, but we were all fine. We were fine for another couple of hours, and then the sea gradually got rougher. And rougher. The waves didn't look that bad outside, but lots of people were puking. There was nowhere to escape. Chinese women were puking in our cabin. A Japanese man was puking in the lounge. Children were puking downstairs. The deck was too rough. I felt ok if I lay down, so I did that. I didn't puke. Finally the waves calmed down, but we'd spent so much time sleeping in the day we were all wide awake at night. We played various international versions of card games, supervised by a curious audience. The next day I saw a Chinese family playing the version of Scabby Queen we played. I felt quite proud of that.

No comments: