Sunday, March 11, 2007

Exciting new things

I have lots of pretty photos from the Hokkaido snow and ice festival that I can't show you here because Blogger is evil. It has decided to punish me by putting all of my menus into Japanese. I don't know how to change them back because, hey! I don't speak Japanese. Well done, Blogger. I don't know why it doesn't want to upload my photos, so no photos for you I'm afraid.
So imagine, if you will, 10 metre high snow sculptures of arctic scenes, famous buildings, and a giant cow. Ice sculptures lining the streets, snowflakes glinting in the dark... you get the idea. The ice bar was impressive. The owner made a metal frame, covered it with packed snow and then dripped water through the ceiling to fill the roof and walls with icicles. Embed fairy lights into the floor, add a bar and a pair of speakers, and presto! Money spinner. Wins 'coolest bar in Japan 2007' hands down.

No comments: