Thursday, January 04, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was strange and fractured. In the morning I worked, and my "Merry Christmas!" greetings were mostly met with politely blank looks from my students, which did make me want to poke them in the eye with a sharpened Christmas tree. Because that is the true meaning of Christmas, of course.
After work I did some last minute Christmas shopping (3pm on Christmas day truly stretching the definition of last minute). Spent a couple of hours in the flat by myself and felt utterly unseasonal until I put on Radio 1 and listened to all the crap Christmaaaaas! songs and it felt right. Went to Freebell with Jo and began the Christmas Eating. I had a long train ride ahead of me so I stuffed myself with crackers and cheese. I left the party at Thom and Rob's flat to go pick up Lisa from the airport. So good to see her again! Back to the flat for more food (turkey, etc) and lying on the floor groaning.

No comments: