Friday, September 01, 2006

For what I promised myself was going to be a quiet week, I managed to get around quite a lot. My friends Kate and Toni abandoned Nova and so had to move out of their Nova flat pretty quick, they left the back end of nowhere and came to live just around the corner from me. They unpacked their futons and set about trashing the place and pissing off the neighbours with the best party I've been to in Nagoya. In fact, they pissed off the neighbours so much the police turned up. I met heaps of people there and wandered home at half past two in the pouring rain after a late-night icecream run. Sweet potato icecream is pretty tasty.
Not wanting to be outdone, Shannon moved out of his flat down the road from me and joined the hoardes in the gaijin ghetto, Freebell, and set about trashing the place and pissing off the neighbours with another great party. I wasn't in the mood for that one so much - it felt like there were too many people and I couldn't be bothered with them all. A lot of the same people were at both parties, including Sian, who invited me to hers for drinks on Sunday. That night was a nice change, just a small group of people I knew well and it was easier to chat and have a laugh together.
Finally, I have just survived Mitchell's party last night. Mitchell is one of the guys who works at my new school, Jusco Atsuta. Mitchell seems to know every skater in Nagoya. Lots of Japanese people at that party optimistically asked if I could skate, or speak Japanese, but I had to confess I could do neither. Some Japanese girls asked me if I had a boyfriend, and when I said no they started trying to set me up. With Iain. It was pretty funny.
Now I have a night in the flat by myself, and it is goooood.

No comments: